100 new homes for women
by Women's Property Initiative.
3rd June 2019

Where are these new apartments?

They are in multi-story residential blocks that are nearing completion in the following locations:

?         40 Hall Street, Moonee Ponds. Close to Moonee Ponds station, No 59  tram, a bus terminus and Puckle St shops. There are 57 units available and 22 of these have car parks.

?         443 Upper Heidelberg Road, Ivanhoe. Close to the Austin hospital, Heidelberg station and Burgundy St shops. There are 13 units available, all with car parks.

?         1091 Plenty Road, Bundoora. Close to LaTrobe Uni and the Plenty Rd tram. Parking TBC.

?         81 South Wharf Drive, Docklands. Close to the Yarra and the CBD and all its amenities. Parking TBC.

?         62-70 Wests Road, Maribyrnong. Close to Highpoint West Shopping centre and associated public transport.

?         116 Watton Street, Werribee. Close to Werribee station and shopping centres.


When will the apartments be available?

These homes are in the process of being completed and will be ready for occupancy over May, June and July 2019. They will be allocated as they are finished, so don't delay in getting yourself on the VHR.

 How much will the rent be?

Priority Access tenants: 30% of income plus rent assistance

Register of Interest tenants: 75% of market rent for that particular apartment

 Is this long term housing?

Unlike other social and affordable housing, this housing is guaranteed for only 10 years. It doesn't mean that you have to stay for ten years, just that you have the option of leasing secure, rent-controlled housing for that period of time.

 What do I need to do?

1.      Go and look at these apartment buildings, either actually or on Google Maps and decide which locations suit you

2.      Go to Victorian Housing Register and register* yourself.

3.      Call Karina at WPI (9664 7800 or if you’re applying under the Priority Access category. She can help register you.Or get support from a housing application worker at Launch Housing (ph: 9288 9800) or Housing for the Aged Action Group (HAAG ph: 9654 7389) or other housing provider who can help in the same way. You may need a housing worker or social worker to confirm your eligibility.

4.      Let Karina at WPI know once you’re on the VHR and indicate which locations interest you and whether a car park is crucial.

When can I look inside to see if I like any of the apartments?

Once you have registered for the VHR and once they’re completed.

*When you register, you’ll be asked where you'd like to live. The VHR groups some suburbs and calls them by a group name. See table.




Moonee Ponds





Inner South